Already the Beatles lost their heart to India.
Experience the magic of this country and its rich musical heritage. Be inspired …
- Try your hands on playing Indian instruments (bansuri, tabla, harmonium, sitar etc.)
- Explore traditional ways of teaching music by staying with families or gurus
- Practice music as therapy visiting orphanages and women’s shelter homes
- Practice your pedagogic skills by teaching music in colleges and schools, help with extra-curricular activities and share your culture
- Take your music to the next level, learn for life and support local communities by preserving traditional forms of music
- End your stay with a bang by performing in a village and being part of an Indo-European Fusion-Concert
Arts & Culture
Discover the treasure trove of Rajasthan and explore its rich artistic and cultural heritage.
- Try your hands on miniature painting, block printing, blue pottery, textile crafts, mehndi (henna), traditional dance or other local artforms
- Be inspired by India’s unique ways of artistic expression
- Create your own project in response to your experiences in India or to local issues
- Practice your pedagogic skills by teaching art, dance etc. in colleges and schools, help with extra-curricular activities and share your culture
- Take your art to the next level, learn for life and support local communities by preserving traditional forms of art
- End your stay successfully by showcasing your art in a village
Experience the educational system of India. With their separation in government and private schools the varieties of Indian schools are endless. The gap between some of the lesser privileged government schools and the well funded private schools can be unbelievable.
We want to help to bring better education to the lesser privileged. We believe that cultural interaction is one of the key elements in shaping an individual’s questioning and independent mind. The younger we learn how to live, give and take from and with another, the better!
If you are doing your education as a special education teacher, we are cooperating with special development schools as well.
Practice your pedagogic skills by teaching from a variety of different fields like German, English, Art, Music, Maths, etc.
- Gain experience on your way to become a teacher/educationist
- Teach in a school for children with visual impairment
- Take up individual projects for environmental awareness or women empowerment, etc.
- Improve your intercultural skills
Get to know a different school system
Language opens the door to a culture. Experience the magic of India and take your Indian language skills to the next level.
- Practice your pedagogic skills by teaching in colleges and schools, help with extra-curricular activities and share your culture
- Improve your Hindi skills
- Learn for life and support local communities
- Team up with a Tandem partner to foster mutual learning and understanding
Health, Nutrition & Medicine
Experience the magic of India and its rich cultural and philosophical heritage.
- Gain insight and work experience in a local hospital, clinic or healing centre
- Learn for life and support local communities
- Explore Ayurveda, the ancient Indian form of healing and its concepts of health, body and mind
- Create your own project to make a difference and leave a footprint (optional)
Work with an Indian nutritional sciences, also in context of natural medicine (Ayurveda) and know about the generic methods of healing in medicine and why the Indian food is proper in all nutrients.
The conscience of being vegetarian in India and what comprises of Indians diet plans.
If you are interested in the Indian traditional form of healing and keen on learning more about the “science of life”, then think about joining a designated training program (duration 2-4 weeks). We can connect you with one of the leading study centres in Kerala. Please note that the training courses will require extra charges.
Business Planning & Marketing
Work with small businesses in India.
- Understand how small and medium sized businesses work in India in tier-2 cities and what forms the part of India’s marketing ethos
- Learn with small-sector enterprises that engage in making simpler products useful to the village market and are useful to the Indian conditions
- Interact with small market vendors and under the supply chain market in India from Tier-2 to Tier-3
- Engage in setting the right purchase price and how the demands generate the pricing models in India
- Take up your own Project
You want to become active in educating others about your own field of knowledge or interest? We would love to help you to be heard! If you have an idea about a project you would like to carry out, contact us and we will do our best to realize it with you. We will educate you about the topic if neccessary, give you the required infrastructure and support you along the way. A field could for example be;
- Take up your own project about women empowerment, environmental awareness or aforestation
- Give regular classes in martial arts, yoga or any other sports
- Start a cultural interaction class with college students, to discuss different aspects of cultural interaction, prejudices and ways of communication
Anything that comes to your mind; don‘t be shy to ask!